Miniature Rhino Pattern Club 2024
Miniature Rhino Pattern Club 2024
MR Pattern Club is a quarterly stitch kit featuring bold, original patterns silkscreened onto sustainable materials and sent in thoughtful, low-waste packaging. Inspired by my my love of stitching and snail mail MRPC is my creative passion project that aims to get you out of your head, off your screen and immersed in hands-on making just for the joy of making.
If you're into snail mail surprises, stitching, sustainable textiles and beautiful patterns I think you'll love MR PATTERN CLUB!
Each season you will receive a mailed package, a total of four times over the year, with a new stitching pattern printed, thread and note. You will also receive a private newsletter with club news and a pattern PDF for future use. I hunt for the best materials and will be using high quality deadstock fabrics. The content and color of the fabrics may vary due to the nature of working with deadstock materials.
PLEASE NOTE: Listing images show a range of past years samplers as an example. You will receive all new patterns!
The pattern lines are printed in a dashed line for the most flexibility when stitching. The silk screened lines are permanent, so the dashed lines can be stitched over with the running stitch or any stitch you prefer. There's no one right way to make these samplers & each invites you to explore your own creativity.
There are a limited number of spots.
- Four original silk screened 14 x 14 patterns. Printed locally in NY by another one-woman small business, Better Than Jam.
- Mailed quarterly in a recycled envelope via USPS Ground or First Class International Mail* (please see note about international shipping). Domestic shipping is included in the cost of Pattern Club.
- Thread curated to compliment your pattern. At least one skein delivered with each pattern, but I often include multiple colors of thread.
- Pattern PDF for use in your personal projects.
- Private newsletter sharing PDF materials (pattern/instructions), news, events and inspiration.
I aim to get patterns out within the first week of the bimonthly schedule, but bear with me it's just me preparing packages.
- Pattern 1 Late January
- Pattern 2 April
- Pattern 3 July
- Pattern 4 October
First Class International Shipping is an additional charge. International mail service is expensive! I wish it could be more reasonable, but this is the cheapest, most reliable option for club mail. Full discloser, I eat a portion of the shipping cost & make no profit from shipping.
What does deadstock mean?
Fabrics come from a variety of sources- textile recyclers, secondhand and commercial retailers specializing in deadstock fabrics and designer remnants. This year I've sourced much of the club materials from Stonemountain & Daughter Fabrics high-quality deadstock, which is left over from textile mills and the fashion industry. The goal of this is to keep this fabric out of landfills.
What will I need to participate?
- Needles (I love Olympus Sashiko Needles, but embroidery needles work too!)
- Embroidery hoop optional. I don't use one for the running stitching, but I'd love to see you go crazy with embroidery stitches. Depends on your preferred stitch style.
- Want a start up kit with your first dispatch including sashiko needles, needle threader & embroidery snips all housed in a black tin case? Choose the "Add Start Up Kit" when checking out.
Can I purchase this as a gift?
Yes, so kind! If possible, use the recipient's info (email/address) at checkout. If you're not sure at the moment (no worries!) just email me to update the info: firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy to add a gift note with the first shipment. Just leave a note during the check out process.
Can I purchase multiple quantities?
Yes if you are purchasing as a gift and for yourself. Please leave a note at check out with both addresses or email me - email@example.com