MR Pattern Club 2023
MR Pattern Club 2023
MR Pattern Club is a bimonthly stitch kit using sustainable materials and thoughtful packaging. Inspired by my my love of stitching and snail mail MRPC is my creative passion project featuring bold, original patterns silkscreened on upcycled fabrics. If you're into snail mail surprises, stitching, sustainable textiles and beautiful patterns you'll love MR PATTERN CLUB!
Every other month you will receive a package with a new stitching pattern, thread and note. You will also receive a private newsletter with club news- like meet ups, guest speakers, a pattern PDF for future use, printable PDF instructions with step-by-step images and a video tutorial.
The 2023 Club will feature six new patterns printed on materials saved from landfill. I hunt for the best materials and use high quality fabrics. The content and color of the fabrics may vary due to the nature of working with upcycled materials.
PLEASE NOTE: Listing images show a range of past years samplers as an example. You will receive all new patterns!
The patterns are created in a dashed line for the most flexibility and can be stitched in a variety of ways. The silk screened lines are permanent, so dashed lines allow for sashiko-inspired stitching as well as hooped stitching. It's always exciting to see the creativity club members bring to their projects!
There are a limited number of spots and the sign up period will end in February or until spots are filled.
What do MR Pattern Club Members get?
6 original silk screened 14x14" patterns. One pattern mailed bimonthly starting in January. Printed locally in NY by another one-woman small business, Better Than Jam.
- Mailed in a recycled manila envelope via USPS First Class Mail or First Class International Mail* (please see note about international shipping). Shipping is included in the cost of Pattern Club.
- Thread curated to compliment your pattern. At least one skein delivered with each pattern, but I often include multiple colors of thread.
- Bimonthly virtual meetup/stitch along. This is our place to ask questions, share projects and create community. Look out for special Guest Artist Speakers!
- Full size pattern PDF for use in your personal projects.
- Detailed, easy to follow instructions with step-by-step images delivered as a PDF.
- Video instructions detailing my stitch process. This video is designed for those who are not into reading instructions (it me!) and more visual learners.
- Private newsletter sharing PDF materials (pattern/instructions), news, events and inspiration.
I aim to get patterns out within the first week of the bimonthly schedule, but bear with me. I'm sourcing upcycled materials and it's just me preparing packages.
- Pattern 1 Jan./ Feb.
- Pattern 2 March/April
- Pattern 3 May/ June
- Pattern 4 July/ August
- Pattern 5 September/October
- Pattern 6 November/December
Past years I've charged for stamped envelopes, but due to the reoccurrence of lost, returned and delayed packages I'm including First Class International Shipping in the cost. This service is admittedly more expensive, but quicker and much more reliable. Full disclose, I still eat a lot of the shipping cost & make no profit from shipping.
What does upcycled mean?
Fabrics come from a variety of sources- textile recyclers, secondhand and commercial retailers specializing in deadstock fabrics and designer remnants.
What will I need to participate?
- Needles (I love Olympus Sashiko Needles, but embroidery needles work too!)
- Embroidery hoop optional. I don't use one for the running stitching, but I'd love to see you go crazy with embroidery stitches. Depends on your preferred stitch style.
Can I purchase this as a gift?
Yes, so kind! If possible, use the recipient's info (email/address) at checkout. If you're not sure at the moment (no worries!) just email me to update the info: firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy to add a gift note with the first shipment. Just leave a note during the check out process.
Can I purchase multiple quantities?
Yes if you are purchasing as a gift and for yourself. Please leave a note at check out with both addresses or email me - email@example.com